Wednesday, July 23, 2008

pondering the supernatural

I want to think of myself as rational. I also am open to the supernatural. Are those two thoughts inconsistent? I believe that saying that I'm open to the supernatural is NOT the same as saying that I believe in the supernatural. By saying that I'm open to the supernatural, it means that I'm willing to experiment with things that are so defined. http://www.howgravityworks.org/ Here is a quote from the above link, “Whether it’s a vested interest or Pavlovian response, they cling to their beliefs like religious zealots.” I don't want to be like that. I want to be open to possibilities. Possible ways to make the most of my life. I want to accomplish as much as possible and I want to be as happy as possible. If something called the supernatural might bring me more happiness, then I might try it. I'm not going to plunge in without caution. But I might want to give it a shot. I think perhaps I'm more practical than rational. Benjamin Franklin was a pragmatist. If it works, why not use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment